Four Essentials for Thriving Massage Therapists©
Home Study 8 CE Credit Program
This course enhances therapists’ confidence and skills, to maximize client satisfaction and properly care for their own bodies. The pillars of the four essentials include:
- Deep Tissue and Advanced Tools
- Healthy Body Mechanics
- Practical Self-Care
- Conscious Communication Strategies
Ready to get started?
A Well Trained Therapist Knows How to Care for Others and Care for Themselves. They See Results and Clients Feel Better.
- Heath and Nicole Reed are co-founders of Living Metta (Living “Loving Kindness”), a continuing education company for more than 20 years. They are Licensed Massage Therapists, and Certified Body Intelligence Coaches, and
- Educating Massage Envy therapists for 17+ years. They were the original national LMT CE Trainers for LMTs in 2008, have taught several courses for Therapists of the Year CEs at ME National Franchisee Conference, and most recently inaugurated MEF’s live webinar program that began in February 2023.
- Created 100+ NCBTMB approved courses, and have taught at many schools, spas, resorts and conferences around the country and internationally. .
- Track record of high quality training for therapists at numerous 5-Diamond resorts including Four Seasons, The Mandarin Oriental, the Peninsula, The Sanctuary, The Wynn, The Encore, JW Marriot, Red Mountain, Sensei and many more.
- Presenters at numerous national conferences including the AMTA Annual Conferences, ABMP CE Summits, ISpa Conferences, World Massage Conferences and special speakers at the ABMP School Forum.Columnists for the Savvy Self Care column in Massage & Bodywork Magazine, authors of Table Thai Yoga Massage books, and creators of 100s of Home Study Courses, Webinars, and online subscription communities.
This is an 8-hour online self-paced home study course
Here’s a snapshot of the Four Essentials Modules.
Deep Tissue and Advanced Tools unlock therapists’ potential to provide optimal pressure in every treatment—without hurting themselves. We replace the often-overused tools of the fingers, hands, wrists, and thumbs (common therapist injury sites) with advanced tools like forearms, elbows, soft fists, and knuckles to protect the therapist while they apply the deepest pressure gently.
Healthy Body Mechanics teaches therapists to ergonomically move around the table supporting their alignment and a thriving practice while providing secure draping techniques. Therapists learn advanced postures beyond the basic horse and lunge stances, such as kickstand and instant Maui. They learn applicable concepts such as “minimal effort, maximum impact,” “bone stacking,” and that “it’s better your legs are shaking than your back is breaking.”
Practical Self-Care emphasizes simple and short practices therapists use to reverse or prevent burnout and injuries. We showcase many fast fixes to release stress, relieve aches or pains, and build more physical and psychological resilience. We teach multidisciplinary perspectives of therapeutic yoga, sports medicine, meditation, and physical therapy.
Conscious Communication Strategies equip therapists with the confidence and soft skills necessary to provide quality service and a healthy work environment. We teach therapists how to communicate expectations clearly, empower clients to make requests, and provide therapists with the resilience to attend to requests. The therapists will conduct role-playing exercises to sharpen their skills of appreciative listening, healthy responsibility, and making impeccable agreements.
Cost per Student $120
Non-EOA Members: $50/student
EOA Members Special Pricing: $35/student
EOA Members Clinic Pricing:
$25/student if you enroll and pay for your whole clinic staff up front*
*whole clinic pricing is only available until March 31st, 2024
Ready to get started?
Fill Out the form below to request more information on advanced courses.